Happy Sunday! I hope everyone's still flossing after all of that hullaballoo. I spent the weekend chillin' on my couch, deciding what to do about Instagram stories, and then chillin'/deciding what to do about Instagram at the beach.
I'm also reading The Girls which is an excellent, sometimes kind of disturbing read. Check it out if you need a new book and/or have no one to talk to on long car rides because your boyfriend is always thinking about catching Bulbasaurs.
Also, we've been experimenting with lots of fun drinks at home lately (see the boozy ice cream floats). We even made our own kombucha! Recipe coming soon. Too trendy? To hippie? Let me know in the comments.
Today I made a combination of a mojito and a margarita for a few reasons:
- Take a look at my girl Jennifer's INCREDIBLE cocktails and shakes. After many failed attempts at trying to photograph drinks I'd made (from smoothies to Christmas punch), I decided to give it another go because her recipes are so gorg. I took some styling cues from her and feel like these photos didn't come out half bad!
- I had way too much mint.
- I had way too many cucumbers.
- I didn't have enough ice to make real mojitos.
So I made... mojitaritas?! They taste excellent; let the goofy name wash over your body and just have fun with it. I will say, though, that they reminded me of my big sis Jill who one time was talking about sangria, saying she wasn't a big fan. Her reasoning? "I don't want to have to chew my wine."
This cocktail is definitely one you have to chew a little, thanks to the cucumber pulp and tons of torn mint. Personally, I love that--and it kind of keeps me from DOWNING my drink like I do with the regular mojitos my mom makes me when I visit West Palm Beach. But if you don't like the idea of chewing your mojitarita, just use a cheeky lil straw! ;)
- 3 limes
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- 10 leaves mint
- 2 Tbsp grated cucumber
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 4 slices cucumber (optional)
- Juice two limes into a tumbler. Slice third lime into wedges.
- Add tequila and triple sec to tumbler. Tear mint leaves and add to tumblr along with grated cucumber.
- Add plenty of ice to tumbler and shake well for thirty seconds, until tumblr turns frosty.
- Add salt to a small, shallow dish. Rub rim of two glasses with lime and dip into salt. Add ice to glasses and divide shaken drink between the two.
- Garnish with lime slices and cucumber slices as desired! Drink with a straw if you don't like chunks of mint in your teeth.