Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
I guess I'm diggin' stuffed foods this week because I'm back at it with Ferrero Rocher, Nutella stuffed cupcakes! I made these for a buddy's bday last week, and they're kind of like Betty Crocker's hi-hat babies. Melted chocolate and coconut oil is my new favorite concoction; it's basically homemade Magic Shell. :D
Tomorrow I kick of the last leg of travel-filled May. Sweden, here I come!! I'm exhausted from this month, but also I cannot complain. Nashville was so much fun and I got to spend time with my beautiful family... and eat hot chicken. Salt Lake City, even though it was for work, was a blast. Life is great when you adore your coworkers. Now, Stockholm!
I cannot wait to see the beautiful city I fell in love with this time last year. I also can't wait for airplane meals. I love international travel and all the free plane wine/the many hot meals that are perfectly packed, always with a roll + a pad of cold butter. And some cake on the side.
Then I return to sticky New York, which is already way too hot for my liking. I slept with the air conditioner on last night. These pre-war buildings are gorgeous and warm AF in the winter, but it also retains aaaaallll the 90-degree-day heat. Summer, though, will be bearable because I started watching The Bachelorette for the first time and lord knows TV gets me thru it all.
In conclusion, please everyone listen to the new Ariana Grande album (and the Chance The Rapper one too if you haven't already). And eat these Ferrero Rocher cupcakes. While tweeting with me about the Bachelorette. Wells, right!?
Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 12 hazelnuts
- 8 Tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup Rice Crispies
- 1/2 lb cream cheese
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 8 oz confectioner's sugar
For the Filling & Topping
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease and line a 12-piece muffin tin.
- Pulse hazelnuts in a food processor to a coarse meal. Whisk them together with sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat in each egg, then the milk and vegetable oil. Finally, with the beater on high, slowly beat in the boiling water.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin. Bake for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool fully.
- While cakes are baking, combine chocolate and coconut oil and melt over a double boiler. Set aside at room temperature and let cool fully.
- When cakes are cool, scoop out a bit of the center, press in a hazelnut and full with about 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, and confectioner's sugar until fully blended, about five minutes. Using a rubber scraper, fold in Rice Crispies until fully combined.
- Frost cupcakes. Then, place them in the freezer for about 15 minutes, until frosting is firm.
- Remove cupcakes from freezer and dip into chocolate dip. Place on parchment paper to set chocolate. Serve at room temperature!