Living in a tiny apartment in New York City often leaves me daydreaming about how I would stock up a gigantic pantry, if I had one. It would be nice to have a collection of baking supplies--various flours and sugars-- or an elaborate rack of spices, but the bulk of my salivating involves all of the snacks that would tumble from the overstuffed shelves. Here's my must-have list which, later in life, I will reference upon the completion of my beautiful suburban pantry. I can see the extreme couponing now.... 1. Mallomars. The thing about Mallomars is that they're available in limited markets for only a few months out of the year. It has something to do with melting chocolate and marshmallow--whatever. If I had a pantry, I would not have to worry about if I could go buy some Mallomars because I would already have Mallomars.
2. Girl Scout Cookies. For the same reasons as above. And only the good ones, the classics: Samoas, Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Do-Si-Dos.
3. Cans of Ginger Ale. I babysit for this family that has ENDLESS GINGER ALE. I'm usually not much of a soda drinker, but when the craving hits, it would be nice to conjure up a Shirley Temple.
4. Kettle Potato Chips. My boyfriend eats potato chips after every dinner and refers to them as "dessert." The blasphemous misuse of this term aside, we are constantly running out to buy more potato chips and I'd like to make good on all of those incredible Super Bowl chip sales.
5. Ramen. Another family I babysit has ENDLESS RAMEN, and let me tell ya, after an evening of trying to make babies fall asleep, don't nothin' hit the spot like Cup O' Noodles.
6. Wheat Thins. For when my sister visits. I think Wheat Thins are gross, but I really ought to think of the guests.
7. Mixed Nuts and Wine. In case I suddenly make friends with someone fancy and will feel self-conscious serving them Wheat Thins.
8. Chocolate Covered Pretzels. Because they are the ultimate combo of salty and sweet. Note: They will be pretzel-shaped, not rods.
9. Kraft Mac and Cheese. I often suffer from the blue box blues. Ideally, it would be in the character shapes (which character is not important to me).
10. Honey Nut Cheerios. My favorite of all Cheerios.
11. Skippy Peanut Butter. No, thank you, I would not like fancy unsweetened peanut butter. This will do just fine..... on top of everything.
Notable exception: Haribo Gummi Bears (I keep these in the freezer).
Stay tuned for a more populated Pinterest board of my favorite pantries!